We are Oqium
Oqium’s guidelines are distributed annually to both our branded vendors and private label suppliers.
Oqium’s persistent commitment to the safety and fair treatment of the workers who manufacture the products we sell. Oqium pays close attention to the working conditions and employment standards of manufacturing employees worldwide.
The guidelines are designed to ensure that the products in our stores are manufactured in compliance with local laws, under working conditions that meet EU & local standards, and without the use of child labor, prison labor, or any form of slave labor.
Oqium’s Guidelines contain, among other requirements, the following:
- Child Labor: Child labor is never permissible. Workers may not be younger than 15 years of age (or 14 where local law permits) or the age for completing compulsory education, if higher.
- Forced Labor: Forced labor, whether in the form of prison labor, slave labor, indentured labor, bonded labor or otherwise is not permissible. Employment must always be on a voluntary basis.
- Wages and Benefits: Oqium will only deal with suppliers who compensate their employees fairly by providing wages, overtime premiums and benefits that, at very least, comply with legally mandated minimum standards.
- Harassment and Abuse: Oqium expects all employees to be treated with respect and dignity. Oqium will not deal with suppliers whose employees are subjected to physical, sexual, psychological or verbal harassment or abuse. Oqium’s Guidelines require all vendors and suppliers globally to respect certain stated standards.
Oqium is committed to conducting its business in an honest and ethical manner. We are committed to complying with all anti-corruption and bribery laws.
Conflict Minerals Policy: Oqium is committed to maintaining a socially responsible supply chain and to sourcing components and materials from companies that share our values regarding human rights, ethics, and environmental responsibility. Oqium does not sell products made with “conflict minerals” from the Democratic Republic of Congo or an adjoining country that finances armed conflict would be inconsistent with this commitment. Conflict minerals are defined as tin, tantalum, tungsten and gold (commonly referred to as 3T&G), regardless of where they are sourced, processed or sold. Conflict minerals can make their way into the supply chains of various products used by consumers and businesses around the world. Oqium strives to use only materials in Oqium sourced products that do not finance armed conflict, and we will work within our supply chain to take steps to comply with EU Regulations based on Article 215 TFEU and Decisions adopted in the framework of the Common Foreign and Security Policy.
Oqium does not sell or ship to countries that are listed on the sanctioned countries according to EU Regulations based on Article 215 TFEU and Decisions adopted in the framework of the Common Foreign and Security Policy. All orders are therefore denied of the following countries:
Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Burundi, Central African Republic, Congo - Brazzaville, Congo - Kinshasa, Egypt, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Lebanon, Libya, Maldives, Mali, Moldova, Montenegro, Myanmar (Burma), Nicaragua, North Korea, Russia, Serbia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, Venezuela, Yemen and Zimbabwe.
Private Label: Oqium Merch
Oqium is concerned with the safety and fair treatment of all workers involved in our supply chain, wherever the workers are located globally. It is Oqium’s policy to choose reputable business partners who are committed to ethical standards and business practices. Oqium will only do business with suppliers whose workers are present voluntarily, compensated fairly, allowed the right of free association and who are neither put at risk of physical harm, discriminated against, nor exploited in any way.
Oqium reserves the right to make periodic, unannounced inspections of our private label suppliers' facilities to verify compliance with our Guidelines and other requirements. Such on-site inspections are conducted by our internal team or by a third-party company.
In 2021, Oqium will start donating stock of clothing and shoes to Africa and Europe to sell in stores or on the market. Subsequently, the sale via shops and market parties creates employment and textile-related projects are supported from the proceeds.
We may disclose the information we collect from and about you as follows:
- Amongst any of the branches of Oqium within the European Economic Area that delivers shared services to us;
- To our service providers, if the disclosure will enable them to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for us;
- For payment processing and authorization, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, site evaluation and data analysis, and distributing marketing and promotional material;
- To comply with the law, to respond to governmental inquiries or requests, to enforce our policies, or to protect our or other parties’ rights, property, or safety; and
- Otherwise, with your consent.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you through our Services to countries other than the country in which the information was collected. Personal data of customers residing in the European Economic Area will remain in the EEA. We take steps to ensure that the data collected under this Privacy Statement is processed according to the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement and, in transferring data, that the information is protected as described herein.
In case of fraud, confirmed by cardholder and or credit card issuing company, we will communicate your personal data to investigative, criminal or judicial authorities for fraud prevention, investigation and prosecution purposes. This in any case includes the transfer to the specialized eCommerce prevention department of Europol.
Fraud protection systems can detect suspicious transactions through monitoring “user information” and “order content” to protect our business and customers. Our systems are able to detect fraudulent transactions all over the world.